This workshop will teach you about the sport of canine scent detection and give you an opportunity to have some fun training your dog. You will start by introducing your dog to odors and teaching him/her to discriminate odors. We will work through the core games and skills that set the groundwork for you to successfully move forward and advance in the Think Pawsitive Nose Work curriculum. Ultimately, the dog learns to search for specific odors and find the source in a variety of environments. Challenges are increased as the dog progresses. Benefits of Nose Work are:
- Dog burns a lot of physical and mental energy
- No prior training is required
- Searches can be done anywhere you take your dog
- Shy or fearful dogs build confidence and overactive dogs put their energy to work
- Builds a stronger bond between dog and handler as you learn to observe, understand and rely upon your dog
Successful completion of this workshop will allow you to advance into Think Pawsitive’s Nose Work: Basic Searches class.
NOTE: Nose Work kits will be available for purchase.