OUR TRAINING METHODS
The training methods used are solely based on positive reinforcement with no physical or verbal corrections. We use operant and classical conditioning to train puppies to problem-solve and think for themselves. A variety of treat and toy rewards reinforce the desired behaviors and strengthen one’s connection with their puppy. We respectfully ask that you do not enter or train in our building with your puppy wearing either a pinch or choke collar of any kind and refrain from any use of physical or verbal punishment. You may use a flat-buckled collar, martingale style collar, harness or head halter.
- Crates are used throughout our facility for the safety of your puppy.
- Class enrollments are limited.
- Full payment must be made at the time of registration in order to hold a spot in the class. If you need to cancel your registration, there is a $75.00 non-refundable fee unless we can fill your spot. All class fees are due by the start of the first class and are non-refundable once the class begins.
- Prerequisites are mandatory.
- Special incentives are offered to Think Pawsitive Members and for referring friends to our facility. Please ask about the details from one of our staff members at the time of registration.
Thank for enrolling in class! We are really looking forward to meeting you at your upcoming Lecture! The Lecture will provide you with numerous benefits that will help you prepare you for your class, including:
- A concise overview of our training philosophy and methods
- A thorough layout of your course sessions
- Visual demos to explain training techniques and foundations
- Information on toys, treats, exercise, and other important training “ingredients”
- A folder including a variety of resources and training information as well as a Training Kit Voucher for you to use for training supplies
- Homework to get started on before your first class!
- A Q& A opportunity for you to ask specific training questions (potty training, nipping, jumping, etc.)
Thank you again for enrolling in class! We are honored you have chosen Think Pawsitive and we are truly looking forward to starting your training journey with you and your puppy!
OUR CHILD POLICY
Well-mannered children are welcome to attend and audit/observe our classes, but must be accompanied and supervised by an adult. Children and dogs may not be left unattended anywhere in the facility. If at any time Think Pawsitive staff feel your children are interrupting or distracting our clients or classes, we will respectfully ask that your children no longer attend. Due to the interactive nature of the classes, children under the age of 13 are NOT allowed to participate in any exercises with a dog. Children over the age of 13 may participate as long as only one handler interacts with the dog for any particular exercise. A number of our exercises are too advanced for many children to quickly grasp. These exercises are better taught to children with guidance and patience from their guardian or parent at home and only after the adult has learned the techniques in class and become comfortable with them.