This league is designed to provide handlers and dogs with an opportunity to practice in an environment that simulates a trial and offers an affordable, recreational competition opportunity. Once a month, we will run a league session at which teams of 4 dog/handler pairs will compete against other teams. The League will run for 4 sessions (one per month). Virtual walk-throughs, results, and placements will be posted on the Think Pawsitive Sniffabilities Nose Work Facebook Page. All students from Think Pawsitive as well as other training facilities are welcome to sign up a team or join a team. All Dogs MUST be familiar with searching ALL three odors and on ALL four elements (vehicles, containers, exteriors and interiors) in order to join a team. All levels are welcome to participate!
- The opportunity to run your dog in an environment similar to a trial
- Learn new Nose Work Games
- A recreational experience to enjoy and bond with your dog and the Nose Work community!
- Searches will be run indoors or outdoors, depending on which elements are being tested (Interior, Exterior, Vehicles or Containers).
- The searches will be designed and judged by local Nose Work presenters. All rulings and determinations of these officials are deemed final. No arguing, crying, whining, or other indications of bad sportsmanship shall be allowed.
- A “League” (e.g., Spring League, Fall League, etc.) consists of 4 sessions (dates are specified on the League Registration Form).
- A team consists of four (4) dog/handler pairs. A maximum of 10 teams will be allowed to register per session.
- Teams may substitute a member if one is unable to participate on a given date. A 24-hour advanced notice of the substitution is required. If the substitute is kept on the team (i.e., replaces an original member), notification to the League Coordinator is required. Teams may use alternates as temporary substitutions.
- At each session, dog/handler pairs from each team will participate on one element consisting of two Nose Work Games.
- Maximum of two dogs per handler. Hides and/or search areas will be reset for 2nd dog after all others have run.
- Virtual Walk-Throughs will be posted to the Facebook Group 30 minutes prior to the start of a league session.
- Scores for only 3 dog/handler pairs from each team will count for any given league match (the least desirable score is discarded).
- Mulligan Runs: Only one (1) dog/handler pair per team will be given the option for ONE mulligan search during any given league session, not one for each search. The result of the Mulligan search will replace the original search, so choose wisely!
- Results will be submitted and scored with winners and placements tallied.
- Points shall be awarded on the basis of the team placement on each league night. The first-place team earns 10 points, second-place 9 points, etc.
- The Overall League Winning Team shall be the team with the most placement points at the end of the four (4) league sessions.
- Prizes will be awarded for the league’s top 3 teams at the conclusion of the League’s 4 sessions!
Think Pawsitive Dog Training
301 Commerce Street, Suite F
Waukesha, WI 53186
LEAGUE DATE: (Week 1) Friday, January 8th, 2021 from 6:00 pm to 8:00
LEAGUE DATE: (Week 2) Friday, February 5th, 2021 from 6:00 pm to 8:00
LEAGUE DATE: (Week 3) Friday, March 12th, 2021 from 6:00 pm to 8:00
LEAGUE DATE: (Week 4) Friday, April 9th, 2021 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm