Circle work is the main foundation skill that is the ABSOLUTE key to gaining success for both dog agility and off-leash control in real life with your dog. This ONE important skill revolves around your dog wanting to run to you and responding quickly, learning that your Reinforcement Zone (RZ) is their PAY OFF! It is an essential skill that will teach them RZ is the most important thing in their life and responding to it results in them earning all of their $$$! This skill is one that most people struggle to do and keep up with. WHY circle work?
- Teaches dog to follow RZ (Reinforcement Zone)
- Understand not to Blind Cross, Cut Across your feet, or Flick Away from you!
- Prevention of spinning
- Prevention of barking
- Prevention of biting
- Prevention of flanking out wide
- Teaches dog not to react to your running style
- The dog understands to respond to a shoulder rotation as a turning cue
- Works on acceleration and deceleration cues
- Inside circles teach the dog how to take pressure on RC diagonal line and not flick
- Agility handler fitness
PREREQUISITE: Must have completed Agility Foundations II or instructor approval.
PLEASE NOTE: The use of crates and crate games are a significant part of our curriculum. Both treat and toy rewards are used extensively to reinforce dogs for desired behaviors. During this workshop, dogs must use one of the following tools: A Gentle Leader Head Collar, an Easy-Walk Harness, a Sense-Ation Harness or a Freedom No-Pull Harness. No Prong Collars, Choke Collars or Flexi Leashes are allowed in our facility.
WORKSHOP DATE: Tuesday, September 6th, 2022 from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm