All adult dogs new to us start off with a staff-assisted swim to evaluate the ability of your dog to swim safely on his/her own. Dogs that are new to swimming are gently guided through learning to swim by experienced and dedicated associates. Doggie life preservers of all sizes are available for those dogs that have difficulty staying afloat. Once our staff is comfortable that your dog is a confident swimmer, you may schedule owner-supervised swims without staff assistance at a reduced fee. We offer 20-minute or 30-minute supervised private sessions available by appointment only.
Puppies can take a two-week class to learn to swim, build confidence, and be socialized to our swim center and grooming services. Puppies will be taught to wear a life jacket, develop their swimming technique, and retrieve toys in the water. Motivational games will be used to encourage your puppy to swim enthusiastically. We will also cover proper handling techniques for bathing, drying and brushing out your puppies to help build trust and comfort in regular grooming needs that avid swimmers will need.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR K-9 SPLASH SWIM CENTER
- Plan on getting wet, the dogs do like to come near you and shake. Bring a change of clothes, or wear light, thin clothes so they can dry easily.
- Bring sandals or extra shoes.
- If your dog has a favorite toy, please bring it with you (We do have many toys, but sometimes they are not like the one at home). Make sure it will float.
- Please do not feed your dog 2-3 hours before swimming.
- Please potty your dog before swimming and after swimming. Please pick up after them.
- We do provide towels but days do get busy, so it would be greatly appreciated if you would bring towels from home.
- There is a forced air dryer to get the extra dampness off your dog.
- Have your dog on a 4′ or 6′ lead when entering and exiting the facility (Please no retractables!)
- Be ready to have fun!
- Maximum of 2 dogs in the pool per swimming session.
- NOTE: A 24-hour cancellation notice is required or you will be charged the usual fees associated with the session.
- An initial assisted Evaluation Swim must be done on all new dog’s first swim. One dog only. 20-minutes. $30.00.
- Children under the age of 13 may not participate in the dog’s swim training. They are welcome to come and observe, but must remain seated throughout the training session.
- 5- and 10-pack swims expire 6 months from date of purchase – Unused package swims are NOT refundable.
- Maximum of two (2) dogs per swim session.
- A $25 charge will be incurred for accidental elimination while your dog is in the pool.
- Pro-swimmer must be present at every swim. Additional pro dog from the same household may be interchanged.
- When pro-card is purchased, additional dog must be specified and purchased at same time. No add-ons during the month.
- Pro-cards start on the 1st of every month and end on the last day of every month.
- Pro-cards may NOT be purchased for assisted swims.